It is the start of a new season of MasterChef: The Professionals and the first five chefs looking to claim the MasterChef: The Professionals crown entered the kitchen to face judges Marcus Wareing, Monica Galetti and food critic Gregg Wallace.
The first five chefs to cook in the new series are:
Justin age 33 from Suffolk,
Brian age 31 from Aberdeen,
Mark age 32 from Halifax,
Darren age 33 from Lake District,
Ollie age 25 from Norfolk.
Justin, Brian, Mark, Darren and Ollie begin their bid for the coveted title with a total of three daunting tests to determine who is good enough to progress to the next round, and who must be sent home.
Cooking in a brand new MasterChef kitchen, the first challenge they face is the Signature Dish Test. The five chefs have one hour to cook one plate of food that showcases just what they can do, before one must leave.
The four remaining chefs must then take on Monica’s Skills Test followed by Marcus Wareing’s Invention Test before one of them is sent home.
- Arnaud, Rohan, Harrison, Joe, Andrew and Brenton showcased their cooking skills on MasterChef: The Professionals 2016 UK
- Marcus Wareing omelette Arnold Bennett recipe on MasterChef: The Professionals
- Novikov Restaurant plays host to Celebrity Masterchef 2015 as Tish and Yvette try to impress in the kitchen
- Laura, Christophe, Paul, Kat and David cook for survival on MasterChef 2015 UK
- Fran, Sam, Allan, Mathew and Ella cook for survival on MasterChef 2015 UK
- James, Natalie, Tina, Charlotte and Simon cook for survival on MasterChef 2015 UK
- Sarah, Howard, Chibesa, Alex and Pete cook for survival on MasterChef 2015 UK
- Sarah venison ragu and pumpkin pain perdu dessert recipes on MasterChef 2015 UK
- John Torode chicken satay with satay sauce recipe on Celebrity Masterchef
- Alex’s booze layer cake recipes on MasterChef 2015 UK