Monica Galetti croquembouche caramel recipe kick starts the Skills Test on the new series of MasterChef: The Professionals 2014.
It is a new season of Masterchef: The Professionals and tonight we see the first four cooks that made it through to the second round face Monica and Gregg Wallace to tackle the first Skills Test.
They must make a caramel sauce and use it to construct a croquembouche tower in 20 minutes.
A croquembouche or croque-en-bouche is a French dessert consisting of choux pastry balls piled into a cone and bound with threads of caramel. In Italy and France, it is often served at weddings, baptisms, and first communions.
See how Monica tackle the challenge in this video:
- Marcus Wareing omelette Arnold Bennett recipe on MasterChef: The Professionals
- James, Natalie, Tina, Charlotte and Simon cook for survival on MasterChef 2015 UK
- Fran, Sam, Allan, Mathew and Ella cook for survival on MasterChef 2015 UK
- Laura, Christophe, Paul, Kat and David cook for survival on MasterChef 2015 UK
- Arnaud, Rohan, Harrison, Joe, Andrew and Brenton showcased their cooking skills on MasterChef: The Professionals 2016 UK
- Sarah, Howard, Chibesa, Alex and Pete cook for survival on MasterChef 2015 UK
- Sarah venison ragu and pumpkin pain perdu dessert recipes on MasterChef 2015 UK
- John Torode chicken satay with satay sauce recipe on Celebrity Masterchef
- Novikov Restaurant plays host to Celebrity Masterchef 2015 as Tish and Yvette try to impress in the kitchen
- Alex’s booze layer cake recipes on MasterChef 2015 UK