If you would like to know more about One Direction, a band that is fast becoming the world biggest ever boyband, then checkout these facts and have a go at our quiz below.
But first if you need to know more about their music and profile, see our One Direction music and profile section here.
Facts about One Direction
|1. One Direction was created by Simon Cowell On The X Factor in 2010 after each member was rejected as solo contestants.
2. Simon Cowell takes all the credit for putting One Direction together but it was actually Nicola scherzinger who came up with the idea to put the boys together when she appear as a guest judge on the show in 2010.
3. ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ was released on 11th September 2011 and was number one in the UK singles charts a week later.
4. Their first book called ‘One Direction: Forever Young (Our Official X Factor Story) reached the number one spot on the Sunday Times Bestseller list.
5. They saw each other naked pretty much the first time they worked together, Harry stripped down first!
6. Amazon revealed that One Direction’s 2012 calendar is the top selling calendar of all time knocking Cheryl Cole of top spot.
7. One Direction’s second single, ‘Gotta Be You’, was released on 13 November 2011, which made number 3 in the charts.
8. Their debut album ‘Up All Night’ was the fastest selling debut album on the UK Albums Chart in 2011.
9. Liam and Zayn played Pokémon loads when they were younger, but Harry didn’t play much until he was introduced to it, now 1D are all Pokéfans!
10. One Direction scored the highest debut for a UK act in the US singles chart for almost 14 years, with What Makes You Beautiful.
11. Kelly Clarkson co-wrote one of the songs on their debut, Up All Night.