Nigella Lawson served up tasty wide noodles with lamb shanks aromatic broth using a Korean chilli paste on Nigella’s Cook, Eat, Repeat.
The ingredients are: 1 tbsp gochujang chilli paste, 2 tsp sea salt flakes (or 1 tsp fine sea salt), plus extra for cooking, 1 tsp allspice berries, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 star anise, 1 lamb shank, 25g piece fresh root ginger, peeled if preferred and cut into coins, 1 carrot, peeled if preferred and cut into 4 pieces, 2 large garlic cloves, bruised with the flat of a wide-bladed knife, 70g banana shallots, cut in half or or ½ onion, roughly chopped, 175g dried pappardelle (not egg pappardelle) or other wide noodles, 200g Savoy cabbage, shredded and crispy chilli oil, to serve.
See recipes by Nigella in her book titled : Cook, Eat, Repeat: Ingredients, recipes and stories. available from Amazon now.
- Helen’s Malaysian Coconut pandan custard with blue-pea-flower rice cakes recipe on Nigel Slater: Eating Together
- Nigella Lawson banana skin and cauliflower curry recipe on Nigella’s Cook, Eat, Repeat
- Nigella Lawson chocolate tahini pudding cake with bananas, date molasses and whipped cream recipe on Nigella’s Cook, Eat, Repeat
- Nigella Lawson fish finger bhorta with chilli, ginger, mustard and pink-pickled onions recipe Nigella’s Cook, Eat, Repeat on
- Nigella Lawson Parmesan French toast recipe
- Nigella Lawson egg tortilla pie recipe
- Nigella Lawson chicken with red grapes and Marsala recipe
- Nigella Lawson pickled red cabbage recipe on Nigella’s Cook, Eat, Repeat: Christmas Special
- Nigella Lawson Norwegian pork ribs with juniper berries recipe on Nigella’s Cook, Eat, Repeat Christmas Special
- Nigella Lawson black pudding meatballs with porridge oats in tomato sauce recipe on Nigella’s Cook, Eat, Repeat